Understanding the KitchenAid Warranty – What’s Covered and for How Long
KitchenAid is a well-known brand that offers a wide range of appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, mixers, and more. When you buy a KitchenAid appliance, you can expect high quality and performance, as well as excellent customer service and support. However, in case your appliance breaks down or malfunctions, you may also want to know what kind of warranty coverage it has and for how long. Seeking repairs for your Kitchen Aid refrigerator in Santa Barbara? Our reliable affiliate is ready to help.
The warranty is something specific to each product, and can normally be found on the last page of the owner’s manual. You can also visit the KitchenAid website to register your product and access the warranty information online. The warranty will provide the details of coverage on your appliance, such as:
- What parts and labor are covered by the warranty
- What conditions and exclusions apply to the warranty
- How long the warranty lasts for each part or component
- How to obtain warranty service or replacement parts
- How to contact KitchenAid customer service or authorized dealers
Generally, the warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship that occur during normal use and maintenance of your appliance. It does not cover damage or failure caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, improper installation, alteration, or external factors, such as power surges, floods, or fires. The warranty also does not cover cosmetic damage, such as scratches, dents, or stains.
The length of the warranty varies depending on the type and model of your appliance. For example, according to Consumer Reports, the average warranty for major appliances is as follows:
- Refrigerator: 1 year for parts and labor; 5 years for sealed system; 10 years for linear compressor
- Dishwasher: 1 year for parts and labor; 5 years for racks, electronic control board, and stainless steel tub; lifetime for stainless steel door liner and inner door panel
- Oven: 1 year for parts and labor; 5 years for electric element or gas burner
- Mixer: 1 year for parts and labor; 3 years for bowl-lift mixers; 5 years for tilt-head mixers
To obtain warranty service or replacement parts, you need to contact KitchenAid customer service or an authorized dealer and provide proof of purchase and model number of your appliance. You can call the toll-free number 1 (800) 422-1230 for major appliances or 1 (800) 541-6390 for countertop appliances. You can also chat online or send an email through the KitchenAid website.
By understanding the KitchenAid warranty, you can enjoy peace of mind and confidence when using your appliance. You can also save money and time by knowing what’s covered and what’s not, and how to get help when you need it. If you need any assistance with installing, repairing, or servicing your KitchenAid appliance, you can always contact us at A Plus Appliance Repair. We are a team of certified and experienced technicians who can handle any appliance issue with professionalism and care.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to understand the KitchenAid warranty and what’s covered and for how long. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us or leave them below. Thank you for reading! 😊